Why AboutOne Was Created
As the mom of four young boys, Joanne Lang knew she was organized; she just wanted to spend less time getting that way. She also wanted quick and easy access to family and household information when she needed it:
- As someone who traveled frequently, it was exasperating when her family at home couldn’t find necessary school, medical, and other paperwork she’d filed.
- She was infuriated when she had to pay extra capital gains tax on the sale of her house because she didn’t have the home improvement documentation necessary to minimize her tax bill.
Then her son had a terrifying medical emergency. She was away from home, had only her keys and phone, and was unable to provide a list of his medications to the paramedics. She decided there had to be a better way.
As a software company executive specializing in cloud computing, Joanne had seen how this technology allowed businesses to eliminate mundane tasks and become more efficient. She wanted to bring those same benefits to families, so she created AboutOne, a proprietary technology that:
- blends the power of business tools with the fun, user-friendly nature of popular social media apps.
- provides ONE central location, accessible anywhere, to manage family information.
- requires no technical proficiency to install and run, expertly handling data security so users don’t have to.
More Than a Digital Filing Cabinet
AboutOne’s family management software is the only online organizer with real world rewards.
This gamified system works with the calendar and contacts tools you’re already using to store and manage memories (text, photos, videos, artwork) and household paperwork (health, education, possessions, career) with bank-level security.
AboutOne’s web and mobile apps make it easy by entering information for you, then saving you time by making that information work for you in a way that other applications don’t, including intelligent reports and alerts.
Your information can be gifted to your children, privately and securely shared through AboutOne’s sharing feature, and shared though social media, automatic newsletters, and hardcover photo memory books.
AboutOne makes sure you’re prepared for life’s challenges.